The Motto of NSS "Not Me but You" reflects the essence of democratic living and upholds the need for self-less service.
NSS helps the students develop appreciation to other person's point of view and also show consideration to other living beings.
The ideas of involving students in the task of national service scheme always keep before them, their social responsibility.
The first duty of the students should be, not to treat their period of study as one of the opportunities for indulgence in intellectual luxury, but for preparing themselves for final dedication in the service of those who provided the sinews of the nation with the national goods & services so essential to society.
Advising them to form a living contact with the community in whose midst their institution is located, and the students should do "something positive so that the life of the villagers might be raised to a higher material and moral level".
To inculcate the minds of young student youth an awareness of the realities of life, a better understanding and appreciation of the problems of the people.
The objectives of National Service Scheme (NSS) are to:
- understand the community in which they work
- understand themselves in relation to their community
- identify the needs and problems of the community and involve them in problem-solving
- develop among themselves a sense of social and civic responsibility
- utilize their knowledge in finding practical solutions to individual and community problems
- develop competence required for group-living and sharing of responsibilities
- gain skills in mobilizing community participation
- acquire leadership qualities and democratic attitudes
- develop capacity to meet emergencies and natural disasters and
- practice national integration and social harmony